Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award - "I've Won an Award! It's a Major Award!"


If you have watched A Christmas Story a zillion times, like I have, you'll understand my post title.  :)  Unlike the leg-lamp, however, this award is not Fra-Gee-Lay!!

I started blogging about baking less than a year ago and it's been SUCH a rewarding experience!  I was very nervous when I began - there are so many amazing baking and bloggers out there I couldn't imagine I had anything to offer.  And this is what led me to my first post, and the theme of my blog....I figured lots of people, like myself, lack the confidence to try creative confections that are done so perfectly by those we admire!  We are all in this together, so lets learn from eachother.  :)  It's been a ball, but yesterday I was given the Most Versatile Blogger Award by DJ's Sugar Shack, a blogger and baker who makes some of the most original and beautiful treats out there, and I can't begin to express how amazed I was that someone would do something so wonderful for me and Life Is Sweets!!  DJ's Sugar Shack first caught my eye when I saw these.  I mean come on, how cute and clever are these cookies?!

I've been an admirer and follower of hers and to receive this award is just amazing!  Thank you, Thank you!!  Once you receive this award, you get to share it with 15 additional bloggers you follow, though it was very hard to pare my list to just 15!

Here are the 15 blogs I would like to acknowledge with the Most Versatile Blogger Award:


(her page is in Hebrew, but she has a translator option on the top left of her page.)














As a recipient of this award, I'm also supposed to share 7 random things about me:

1. I grew up in Buffalo, NY and although I don't live there anymore I think it's the greatest place in the world...it will always be home!

2. I LOVE the beach, but only if I'm completely in the shade!

3. To clear my head I like to sit by water; river, lake, ocean, stream, etc...and my favorite place to recharge is sitting on a cliff in Maine watching and listening to to the waves smash against the rocky coast.

4. I can, and have, eaten an entire half gallon of ice cream in one sitting.  I'm not bragging or proud of it, but it's true.  ;)

5. I have a rescued black cat named Morticia who lets my Husband and I live in our house with her...she's totally in charge!

6. I shamelessly watch reruns of the original Beverly Hills 90210 on Soap Net  all the time.  I love that show.  I'm also addicted to all Real Housewives Bravo shows!

7. I will only watch movies at home now....never in the theater.  Talking, cell phones, snack bags rustling, crunching and munching drive me CRAZY!!

Okay, so now you know!  Thanks again, DJ's Sugar Shack for thinking of me!!  I look forward to seeing more from you on your awesome blog.  :)  A huge thank you, too, to everyone who takes the time to read and support my blog.  I appreciate each and every one of you!!

One last thing - If you receive this award you should follow these rules:
  • Thank the person that gave you the award in your blog post.
  • Include a link to their blog in your blog post.
  • Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you follow.
  • Include 7 random things about yourself in your post.
  • Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the award, and thank you sooooooooo much for including me among those you're sharing it with
    Thank you, you've made my day1 Well actually it's night-time here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Winnie! You create such an amazing variety of things...very impressive!! Thanks for sharing everything you do. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Debbie for this award, it is greatly appreciated! Congratulations on your award...and I love the real housewives too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lisa! I admire your blog and everything you do!! Thanks for your creativity with us. :) I'm still sulking a little bit that the OC Ladies weren't on last night!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Debbie
    Congratulations on Versatile Blogger! Thank You for including me also.

    Funny how some places will always be home. Love #5, lol! No arguments from me on #7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Robyn! You totally deserve it, too!! I so enjoy following your blog...thanks for everything you share! And, yes, home is home for always!! Enjoy the upcoming weekend - I look forward to your future posts! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Debbie on the Versatile Blogger Award! Your blog is awesome and you are so deserving.

    Thank you so much for passing this honor along to me, I really appreciate you thinking of me, you are very kind.
    Hope you have a fabulous week and enjoy your award!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miz Helen...and thank you for sharing your amazing blog with more information, recipes and menus a person could ever ask for!! Enjoy the upcoming weekend. :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your award!!& I am really happy to recieve it from you.Thanks a lot.It means a lot when recieve this type of appreciation from a fellow blogger.& nice to know some facts about you....
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I know you've won many awards from bloggers already, but I wanted to let you know how much I love and appreciate your blog. I love seeing recipes from Sri Lanka and the east. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  6. Well you totally deserve it. Thanks so much for nominating me. I will be happy to pass on the blog love. I also loved reading the facts about you. I too love to sit by the water . I grew up in Michigan on Lake Superior so the waves crashing against the rocks is one my most favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sunny! I love reading your posts and seeing the amazing parties you put together. You are so talented!! I love near the ocean now, which is wonderful, but I would take a Great Lake over the Atlantic any day of the week!! ;) Can't wait to see your next party!!

      Delete
  7. Thanks SO SO much for awarding me this! So pumped and honored :) You do great work and I am a happy follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Sarah! I love your blog and appreciate everything you share with us!! Looking forward to your future creations. :) Have a great upcoming weekend!!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for the award!! :) And I loved learning more about you. I just watched 90210 reruns today and I cannot wait to see TRHOC tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very, very welcome, Dorothy! I absolutely love your blog and your amazing creations. :) I am suffering through the Ray Pruit years on 90210 right now, can't wait until he's gone, lol. And WHY no RHOOC last night?! ;) Thanks for all you do and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

      Delete
  9. I just found your blog(new follower) - congrats on the award. I'm also from Buffalo, NY - now living in California:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Heather! So sorry for the delay in writing back, I got quite behind with my blog!! It's so fun to meet other people from Buffalo, even if we're not there anymore. :) Thank you SO much for following Life Is Sweets!! Hope to see you here again soon!!

      Delete