If you have watched A Christmas Story a zillion times, like I have, you'll understand my post title. :) Unlike the leg-lamp, however, this award is not Fra-Gee-Lay!!
I started blogging about baking less than a year ago and it's been SUCH a rewarding experience! I was very nervous when I began - there are so many amazing baking and bloggers out there I couldn't imagine I had anything to offer. And this is what led me to my first post, and the theme of my blog....I figured lots of people, like myself, lack the confidence to try creative confections that are done so perfectly by those we admire! We are all in this together, so lets learn from eachother. :) It's been a ball, but yesterday I was given the Most Versatile Blogger Award by DJ's Sugar Shack, a blogger and baker who makes some of the most original and beautiful treats out there, and I can't begin to express how amazed I was that someone would do something so wonderful for me and Life Is Sweets!! DJ's Sugar Shack first caught my eye when I saw these. I mean come on, how cute and clever are these cookies?!
I've been an admirer and follower of hers and to receive this award is just amazing! Thank you, Thank you!! Once you receive this award, you get to share it with 15 additional bloggers you follow, though it was very hard to pare my list to just 15!
Here are the 15 blogs I would like to acknowledge with the Most Versatile Blogger Award:
(her page is in Hebrew, but she has a translator option on the top left of her page.)
5. Food Corner
7. Dwell on Joy
12. Chef in Training
As a recipient of this award, I'm also supposed to share 7 random things about me:
1. I grew up in Buffalo, NY and although I don't live there anymore I think it's the greatest place in the world...it will always be home!
2. I LOVE the beach, but only if I'm completely in the shade!
3. To clear my head I like to sit by water; river, lake, ocean, stream, etc...and my favorite place to recharge is sitting on a cliff in Maine watching and listening to to the waves smash against the rocky coast.
4. I can, and have, eaten an entire half gallon of ice cream in one sitting. I'm not bragging or proud of it, but it's true. ;)
5. I have a rescued black cat named Morticia who lets my Husband and I live in our house with her...she's totally in charge!
6. I shamelessly watch reruns of the original Beverly Hills 90210 on Soap Net all the time. I love that show. I'm also addicted to all Real Housewives Bravo shows!
7. I will only watch movies at home now....never in the theater. Talking, cell phones, snack bags rustling, crunching and munching drive me CRAZY!!
Okay, so now you know! Thanks again, DJ's Sugar Shack for thinking of me!! I look forward to seeing more from you on your awesome blog. :) A huge thank you, too, to everyone who takes the time to read and support my blog. I appreciate each and every one of you!!
One last thing - If you receive this award you should follow these rules:
- Thank the person that gave you the award in your blog post.
- Include a link to their blog in your blog post.
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you follow.
- Include 7 random things about yourself in your post.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.