Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip and Cream Cheese Cookie Dip


Okay, this is delicious.  Even for someone (me) who is not terribly fond of cheesecake, this dip is fantastic.  And, even BETTER, it's ridiculously quick and easy to make on short notice.  Your guests will love it.  Just be sure to make enough, it disappears pretty quickly!

Chocolate Chip and Cream Cheese Cookie Dip

1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup (one stick) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips

In a large bowl beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until fluffy.  If you are not using a hand mixer be sure to beat until completely combined.  Add the sugars in small increments, stirring well with each addition.  Next, add the chocolate chips and mix until well combined.  Refrigerate at least two hours and serve with graham crackers.

See?  Easy!  Except that I don't like graham crackers, and I'm sure I'm not alone.  I decided to make chocolate cookie sticks to use for dipping.  I mixed up a batch of Chocolate Cut-out Cookies.  They are not too sweet and complement the dip perfectly.  After refrigerating for 20 minutes, I began to cut the sticks using a square cookie cutter.  


Once the square shapes were cut, I used the same square cutter to make sticks.  I decided I didn't mind if the sticks were evenly cut or all different widths, so I did not focus on perfectly shaping them.


I baked them as directed, but I think they could have used another minute or two.  They were a bit on the soft side, so not all of them were sturdy enough to actually dip.  Next time, I will make them thicker and bake them longer.


This is a phenomenal dessert perfect for parties, showers, holiday get-togethers, book club meetings, or just because!  You can also use Nilla Wafers, Sugar Cookies, Tea Biscuits, or any type of cookie you wish.  Enjoy!!




1 comment:

  1. As a person who loves chocolate and cheesecake I will definitely be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete